FIRST SHIFT BARN CREW
To provide superb patient care and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the barns and clinic grounds.
The ideal candidate will have horse farm and/or equine clinic experience. The individual must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and operate effectively within a team and as an individual. The candidate must also practice a solution-oriented mentality. This is a physical, hands-on position that requires careful attention to detail.
• Responsible for safely working around stalled patients of all breeds and ages during morning mucking & re-bedding
• Keep feed rooms tidy & supplied with necessary amounts of hay and grain
• Provide excellent patient care by following specific, individual feeding and bedding instructions
• Pick/muck patient stalls throughout the day, adding additional bedding as needed
• Groom patients as time allows
• Assist veterinarians as needed in bone scans, podiatry, etc.
• Become educated in basics of horse health and alert appropriate personnel with all patient health concerns
• Will be responsible for overall appearance and cleanliness of the barns to include sweeping, blowing, washing and disinfecting stalls and barn aisles daily
• Assist in maintaining clinic grounds as needed. Seasonal duties include snow removal, mowing, weed-eating, light landscaping, painting, fence repair, etc.
• Learn and follow all cleaning and biosecurity protocols in all designated work areas and barns
• Keep all patients supplied with fresh hay and clean water throughout shift
• Must be able to safely drive ALL clinic muck trucks on clinic grounds. Each employee will be provided with adequate individual instruction.
• Full-time, day shift
• Four full days (7am – 3:30pm) and two half shifts (7am – 11am)
• $15-$16 per hour
• Based on experience
• Time and a half pay after 40 hour/week
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• 401(k) after one year
• 401(k) matching after one year
• Vacation, sick, personal and holiday time
• Employee discounts
No phone calls. Please use the form below to apply.