ASSOCIATE AMBULATORY VETERINARIAN
Rood & Riddle, a leader in equine veterinary practice, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Ambulatory Veterinarian to join our team in Saratoga. As an Associate Ambulatory Veterinarian, you will play a crucial role in providing exceptional veterinary care to horses, building strong relationships with clients and collaborating with a team of experienced veterinarians. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic equine healthcare environment and contribute to the well-being of horses in the Saratoga region.
Our ambulatory team consists of five veterinarians who service the many thoroughbred breeding farms and sport horse/western performance barns in the surrounding area. Our hospital staff includes an internal medicine specialist, two surgeons and a podiatrist who works closely with the ambulatory team. Our practice is extremely cooperative and provides infinite opportunities to collaborate and learn from each other. The ambulatory on-call schedule rotates and includes weekends and after-hours shared between all ambulatory doctors.
We invite you to apply if you are a dedicated and compassionate equine veterinarian looking for a rewarding career with a renowned practice.
• Conduct thorough examinations, diagnose and treat horses with a wide range of medical conditions.
• Perform routine healthcare procedures including vaccinations, dental care and de-worming.
• Administer appropriate medications and treatments to ensure the well-being of horses.
• Develop and implement preventative healthcare programs for individual horses and client operations.
• Provide emergency veterinary care, including on-call duties as scheduled.
Client Relationship Management:
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, including horse owners, trainers and stable managers.
• Effectively communicate veterinary diagnoses, treatment options and recommendations to clients.
• Address client concerns and ensure client satisfaction with veterinary services.
Provide guidance and support to clients regarding equine health management, nutrition and general care.
Collaboration and Teamwork:
• Collaborate with other veterinarians, technicians and support staff to deliver comprehensive and coordinated veterinary care.
• Participate in case discussions, consultations and collaborative decision-making to ensure the best outcomes for patients.
• Assist in training and mentoring veterinary interns, externs and support staff as needed.
• Contribute to a positive and supportive team environment within the practice.
Record Keeping and Documentation:
• Maintain accurate and detailed medical records for all patients, including examinations, diagnoses, treatments and follow-up care.
• Utilize practice management software and digital medical imaging systems effectively.
• Adhere to legal and ethical standards regarding medical record confidentiality and maintenance.
• Stay abreast of the latest advancements in equine veterinary medicine through continuing education and professional development activities.
• Attend conferences, workshops and seminars to expand knowledge and skills.
• Contribute to the advancement of veterinary medicine through research, publications and participation in professional organizations.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited veterinary school.
• License to practice veterinary medicine in the state of New York, or the ability to obtain licensure.
• Strong passion for equine medicine and a genuine interest in the well-being of horses.
• Experience or a strong interest in ambulatory equine medicine. Excellent diagnostic, clinical and surgical skills relevant to equine practice.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain client relationships.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and contribute to a positive workplace culture.
• Willingness to participate in on-call duties and work flexible hours as needed.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development and staying current with advancements in equine veterinary medicine.
• Competitive salary
• Health and vision Insurance offered through a preferred provider with company premium share, available on the start date
• Long term disability and term life insurance provided at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital’s expense (after 90 days)
• Dental, life, short term disability, cancer and accident insurance available at employee expense, available on the start date
• Professional dues/licensing fees
• Paid Vacation
• Employee discounts